Followers

9 March 2012

Friday is ~

I've had a crap week at work.  We were called in for a meeting and told that the company isn't doing well financially blah blah and that our department - sales - is over-staffed.  So definitely one, possibly more, will be made redundant.  So all that starts on Monday.  You know, I've been through this a couple of times in my life and it never gets easier.

I went to my Tai Chi class last night (only started last week, so this was my second class) and I was so angry and frustrated with everything going on that I couldn't concentrate.  I didn't enjoy the class and came away feeling so irritated. I had to remind myself when I got home to take a step back and BREATHE.  What will be, will be.  I've had so much happen in my life and I've always coped.  I don't want to spend my days being angry or getting bitter like some of the other ladies I work with.  I have been using positive affirmations for about a month now, and saying them last night helped me realise that positive thought makes all the difference - new doors and opportunities are opening for me if I only choose to see!

Anyway, enough rambling.  On to my card for today.  It is my sisters birthday today and this is the card I made for her.
Patterned papers - Webster's pages Petite Papers 'Western Romance'
Digital stamp - Mo's Digital Pencil - such a talented artist, I just love her artwork!  Coloured with ProMarkers.
'It's Your Day' stamp - Lili of the Valley
Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts
Distress INk - 'Tattered Rose' by Tim Holtz Ranger
 
 I used the Spellbinders NEstabilities 'Standard Circles Large' and 'Classic Scalloped Circles Large' dies to cut the image and mat it.
 Dies used inside - Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Classic Scalloped Circles Large' and 'Lacey Circles'

Rubber stamp - Lili of the Valley
Paper punch (lace design on edge) - Martha Stewa

Well that's it for today.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Take care.
Bronwen

5 comments:

  1. Oh Bronwen so sorry to hear you may be made redundant - fingers crossed you won't xxxxx Keep positive and as you say, new doors will open for you.
    Love your card. This image is so sweet and that backing paper is really lovely. Your sister will adore this I'm sure.
    Hugs
    Denise xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise. Thanks so much for your kind words, I really appreciate it xxx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bronwen,
    Just popped over to let you know that I have a little award for you over on my blog.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty, pretty card. I love the Mo images and this was done superbly. Sounds like you are a strong woman, who works things out. I also have to give myself a little positive lectures. :)

    ReplyDelete